- Introduces key evidence
- Mixes brief presentations, facilitated discussion, small group work and skills practice
- Is relevant to your own situation
- Increases participants insight
- Leads to personal action planning for improvement
Full Day Course
Whether it is keeping to time during surgeries or getting everything done at work or at home this course has something for all.
Within this workshop we have combined key time management messages with evidence based consultation skills training.
There is an increasing research base to show us which behaviours promote the effective use of time when clinicians interact with patients. Research has also revealed particular behaviours which lower (and raise!) medico-legal and clinical risk.
We also know that effective learner change in communication skills has only been demonstrated by training that takes a skills based approach – incorporating practice, observation, feedback and further rehearsal.
We introduce a range of top tips on time management allowing time for reflection and discussion so that participants can choose which changes will have the most impact for them.
Following the day participants will have
- Enhanced their practical consultation skills
- Identified their roles and set practical personal goals
- Learnt multiple tips to increase efficiency including e-mail management
- Learnt strategies to overcome procrastination
- Greater skills to delegate work
- Enhanced ability to say “no”
The day is supported by a workbook including an action plan.