- Mixes brief presentations, facilitated discussion, small group work and skills practice
- Develops skills to use in appraisal meetings
- Gives participants the opportunity to practice and observe
Coaching & Mentoring Skills for Appraisal
Half Day Course
Within appraisal discussions a range of issues come up for which there is no simple “prescription” solution. In these situations there are limitations to the benefits of giving advice.
A coaching approach offers a non-directive approach that can be used in these situations but which also has far more wide ranging applications.
We explore the nature of coaching and mentoring and the skills required before demonstrating a simple coaching framework.
We then give you the opportunity to coach, be coached and to observe.
By the end of the workshop participants will
- Recognise the role of coaching and mentoring skills in appraisals
- Be able to identify skills to use in coaching and mentoring
- Understand a simple solution focused coaching model
- Have practiced using a simple coaching model
- Have identified how they personally will seek to use coaching and mentoring skills in appraisals and other roles