A Survival Guide to Remote/Telephone Consultations
An interactive 2hr small group experience looked after by one trainer, one panellist and one webinar coordinator.
During the coronavirus emergency, it is increasingly the case that all general practices, out of hours services, some hospital doctors and other clinical practitioners, will operate telephone triage and conduct telephone or video consultations wherever possible.
Consulting with and assessing patients on the phone or by video carries risks, notably by not being able to see and/or examine the patient, yet most of us have had little or no relevant training.
Our training aims to increase your effectiveness; reduce your clinical (and medio-legal risk) and enhance your efficient use of time.
• Allows you to compare challenges with those of colleagues
• Presents with discussion ideas for managing remote triage/consultation systems
• Explores findings from research
• Presents with discussion some relevant theory
• Works through a toolkit of skills for clinicians to use in telephone triage and remote consultation
Suitable for all clinicians who speak to and assess patients on the telephone including
• GPs, GP Specialty Trainees
• Nurse Practitioners/GP Practice Nurses/nurses in other roles
• Other advanced role practitioners
• Clinical Pharmacists & Pharmacists
• Physician Associates
• Hospital doctors/other clinicians who follow up patients or assess symptoms over the phone
We use a balance of activities including
• Presentation with facilitated discussion
• Interactive reflective activities
• Access to free online video and materials
We use Zoom software. This allows real-time text chat amongst participants. It allows you to direct questions at any time to the trainer and it allows the organisers to give the floor to participants as helpful.
These Webinars have been in such demand that 2 CCG’s filled their allocation in 1hr.
Course attendees so far have described it as:
“An excellent course, delivered innovatively in current crisis”
“very informative and relevant to today’s challenges”
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.